Thursday, July 2, 2009

15. My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper Jodi Picoult
July 2009

So all my girlfriends have been saying that I must read this since I am close to my sister. So I bought the book. She read it while I was finishing up a previous one and now I finally got my hands on it. We also wanted to both read it before the movie came out. Even though everyone always says "the movie is never as good as the book." I still think its fun to see how someone else interprets a book.

I think I may have had unreal expectations for it because of all the hype surrounding the movie. I definitely enjoyed it, but because I kept hearing about how "saddd" it was, nothing that was sad really came as a surprise to me. Honestly, the most interesting story line, which in my opinion could have been a great book of its own, was the story about their brother. I found him, by far, the most interesting character in the book.

Regardless of the hype and the movie, the book is so easy to read and so talked about, that all women, especially those with sisters, should just give it a go. You'll finish it in a snap... and you'll be able to join in on all the conversations about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I have an award for you. It a Lemonade Award!
    Come by and check it out.
    Shellie
    http://layersofthought.blogspot.com/2009/07/three-awards-for-me-and-now-finally-my.html

    ReplyDelete