Thursday, August 13, 2009

21. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Rebecca Wells
August 2009

Holy Crap! I really liked this book. I saw the movie years ago, whenever it first came out. I remember enjoying it, but I haven't really thought about it otherwise, that is until the book caught my eye at the store recently.

Every girl has an unique relationship with her mother, and I obviously am no different. Wells has the ability to make you feel as though, no matter how atypical your relationship with your mother might be, it is still a powerful one. I think after reading this book I might have a new take on my mother. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in worrying about how she acts and is perceived. I definitely wonder now and again how she ever got to be her certain way. But Wells drives home throughout the novel, that understanding why she is the way she is, isn't really important. What's important is just accepting. Sounds so easy to say it... doing is a whole other task...

No comments:

Post a Comment