Friday, May 29, 2009

10. The Nasty Bits

The Nasty Bits Anthony Bourdain
May 2009

Listen, if you don't like No Reservations, something is wrong with you. I'm addicted! I think Bourdain is great, both on the show and in this book. He has several books out, but this is the first I have read and I can't wait to read more... but remember my theory variety!

This is a collection of essays about all aspects of the culinary world. When reading this book, you get to go inside the kitchens, eat at the nicest restaurants in the world and travel all over the globe. My only issue is when he would list menu items I generally had no idea what he was saying. But in retrospect I probably learned a thing or two. Like... apparently foie gras is as delicacy. I didn't even know what it was... duck liver fat?? Sounds gross!

Anyway, if you like the show... read the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment