Friday, May 29, 2009

5. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee Dee Brown
March 2009

I won't deny that I struggled reading this book. It was dry and full of historical facts. However now, in recollection, I think I truly enjoyed it. Every once and a while I try to thrown a "classic" in to my reading list. Its important to me to stay well rounded and not get caught in a niche of reading the same type of books over and over again. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee definitely did that for me.

If you are feeling adventurous and want to learn about a topic that not many people are comfortable discussing, pick up this book. It will not only challenge you as a read, but will also challenge your previous way of thinking about the late 1800s and the Native Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment